Who We Are
Solis Health Plans is a Medicare Advantage company that is made differently with you in mind! At Solis Health Plans, our top priority is meeting the needs of our members. As a locally rooted organization, we take pride in understanding the communities we serve and providing the benefits and services our members need. We provide our members with the benefits they need to keep them healthy and a vast network of physicians and specialists to choose from. We also have a dedicated Member Services team that is ready to serve you.
That’s what sets us apart – that’s the Solis Difference.
Experience the Solis Difference and discover a new level of quality, eﬃciency, and collaboration.
At Solis Health Plans, we believe that local makes a difference. We understand the unique and diverse communities we serve and offer benefits that truly help our members. We have plans available across the state in the following counties: Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Polk.
What is Medicare?
Medicare is a federal health insurance program designed for people aged 65 or older and for individuals with a disability or end-stage renal disease. Medicare Part A (hospital costs) & Medicare Part B (medical services) provides coverage for most hospital stays and medical services, but it may require you to pay out-of-pocket costs for certain healthcare-related expenses.
|Original Medicare||Solis Health Plans|
|Insulin and Diabetic Supplies|
|Dental for Cleanings, Fillings, Extractions, and Dentures|
|Routine Vision and Hearing Exams|
|Transportation to Doctor’s Visits|
|Monthly Allowance for OTC Products|
|Fitness and Wellness Programs|
|Papa ™ (In-Home Support Services Companionship)|
|Healthy Living Card (D-SNP Plans Only)|
|Health Management Programs for Chronic Conditions|
|Alternative Therapies: Acupuncture or Chiropractic Services|
|Out-of-Pocket Maximums to Limit Your Healthcare Costs|
|24-Hour Nurse Hotline|
|Member Rewards Program|
You are eligible to enroll in Solis Health Plans regardless of your age and health if:
- You have both Medicare Part A & Part B.
- You live in the plan’s service area and may not be out for more than 6 months.
- You are a United States citizen or are lawfully present in the United States.
- To enroll in a Dual Eligible Special Needs plan (D-SNP), you must be eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid.
When can you enroll in a Solis plan?
Initial Election Period (IEP)
Your initial enrollment opportunity is as follows:
- During the 3 months prior to turning 65.
- During the month you turn 65.
- During the 3 months after you have turned 65.
- Your initial enrollment opportunity is as follows:
Annual Election Period (AEP)
October 15th- December 7th
- This is the time each year that you can enroll or change your Medicare Advantage or Part D plan. You may also switch to Original Medicare (Part A and B).
- New coverage begins January 1st of each year, after you’ve enrolled.
Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period (OEP)
January 1st- March 31st
- This is a “limited” period when you can disenroll from your current Medicare Advantage plan and make a one-time election to go to another Medicare Advantage plan or Original Medicare. You can also add or drop Part D coverage.
Special Enrollment Periods (SEPs)
- You can sign up for a Medicare Advantage or Part D plan outside of the time frames listed above if certain qualifying events occur in your life or if you’re eligible for low-income subsidy (LIS) also called “Extra Help.”
Some examples of Special Enrollment Periods are:
- Having Medicare and Medicaid.
- Recently moved to Florida.
- Have a chronic condition, like cardiovascular diseases, chronic heart failure, and/or diabetes.